- Open the Self Service application by clicking the icon in your dock, or by opening a Finder window and clicking on the Applications folder.
- Locate the Featured tab, then click Install under the SPSS 28 icon.
Note: If you have a previous version of SPSS installed, it will be removed. Only the application will be removed, not your data.
- You’ll be presented with a notification that explains that you must activate the software after installing. Click Install to acknowledge and proceed with the installation.
- Allow the installation to proceed. Once the installation is completed, you can launch it via Launchpad or the Applications folder. You can also choose to add it to your dock.
Note: If you had a previous version of SPSS installed, you may have an additional dock icon for SPSS. If this happens, simply remove the old icon from your dock.
- When you launch SPSS 28 without a license installed (such as the first time you start it), you’ll be presented with a dialog asking you to activate it. Select Launch License Wizard. The License Wizard dialog will appear. Click Next.
- On the next screen, select Authorized User License, then click Next.
- Enter your 20-character activation code, which was emailed to you by EdIT, then click Add. The code will move to the larger text box. Click Next.
- You should now see a status screen with a green Authorization Succeeded message. If you get a message that authorization has failed, open a ticket with EdIT. Click Next.
- You’ll see one further status menu telling you that your license effective the next time you start SPSS. Click Finish.
- You can now launch SPSS Statistics.
Your copy of SPSS 28 is now fully licensed and ready to use.