Why you may need to migrate your account
As we expand our integration with Zoom, we have taken steps to enhance and simplify the use of the service. In order to implement several of these enhancements, we took action in December 2019 to migrate the Zoom accounts for all SOE Faculty, Staff, and Affiliates from the main UNC account to an SOE-specific subsidiary account. If you had a Zoom account before December 2019, you’ll be prompted to confirm this account change the first time you log into Zoom.
Please note that your scheduled meetings will NOT be affected by this change. Your Personal Meeting ID should also remain the same, but you should verify this if you have already distributed it. Despite the warning you may receive during the account transition, you will not lose access to any Zoom features.
How to Migrate your Account
Follow the steps below to confirm your account migration:
- Visit https://unc.zoom.us and click Sign In. If prompted, sign in with your Onyen and password.
- You’ll be presented with the screen below. Make sure to choose Switch to the New Account.
- On the next screen, click I Acknowledge and Switch.
- The next screen lets you know that an email has been sent to you for final confirmation.
- Wait for the email to arrive (this can sometimes take an hour or more), then locate the message and click the link to confirm. The link expires in 24 hours, so make sure to complete this step promptly.
If you instead choose to sign into your current account, you’ll be redirected to the generic Zoom.us sign-in page, which doesn’t allow you to log in with your Onyen. You’ll be prompted to switch to the new account the next time you sign in.
If you encounter any problems, please go to https://help.unc.edu and click Something’s Broken to submit a help request.