Once the room has been turned on and you have set the room to the Zoom input, you’ll be able to join and manage Zoom meetings via the iPad controller. This iPad should be located in the charging cradle on top of the equipment rack, or on the table near the room control touch panel. Please be sure to replace the iPad in the charging cradle when you’re finished with your meeting!
To join a meeting:
From the Meeting List
- Select “Meeting List” from the options on the left. All meetings that are scheduled in 2010D will appear on this list. If the Zoom Meeting URL or meeting invitation text was included in the Outlook meeting invite when the room was scheduled, a button to start the Meeting will appear.
- Click “Start” at the bottom right. The meeting will start and the room will automatically be joined to the meeting as a meeting host.
Via a Meeting ID
Once the room has been turned on and set to the Zoom input, you’ll be able to join and manage Zoom meetings via the iPad controller. This iPad should be located in the charging cradle on top of the equipment rack. Please be sure to replace the iPad in the charging cradle when you’re finished with your meeting!
- Select “Join” from the options on the left
- Type in the “Meeting ID” of your meeting via the number pad
- Click “Join” at the bottom right
The SOE Zoom room are set to join a Zoom meeting as host for any meeting that was created by a School of Education faculty or staff member.
For users outside the faculty and staff of the School of Education (including students), you will need to take one of the following actions to connecting SOE Zoom rooms to an existing meeting:
- Enabled the setting to “Enable join before host” within the Zoom meeting settings for the meeting. This will allow the room to connect to the Zoom meeting as a participant prior to the host starting a meeting.
- On another device (computer, mobile device), log in to Zoom and start the meeting as the host. Then connect the SOE Zoom Room using the Zoom Meeting ID. The Zoom Room will join the meeting as a participant. If you would like the Zoom room to have the role of meeting host, on the device used to start the meeting, you will need to go to the meeting participant list, choose the Zoom Room and select “Make Host” in the options to the right of the name in the participant list. After the Zoom Room is made the host, you can leave the meeting on the device that was used to start the meeting.