On an SOE-owned Windows PC that is accessed by logging in with your ONYEN and password, your personal drive and the SOE Secure Drive should map automatically when you log in to your computer from an on-campus location. If you are off-campus, you’ll need to connect to VPN before drives will connect.
If you are connected to the internet on (and VPN if off-campus) and one of your drives happens to disappear within File Explorer, restart your computer and the drives will re-map at login (or when VPN is re-connected if off-campus).
For non-SOE-owned Windows PCs or any PC that does not required you to log in with your ONYEN and password, or if your mapped drive does not appear for any reason, complete the following steps:
- Open File Explorer. The File Explorer window will open.
- In the sidebar of the File Explorer window, right-click on This PC and select Map network drive… The map network drive dialog box will open.
- Complete the following:
- For the drive letter, select S: if mapping the SOE Secure Drive, or any other available letter for a personal drive.
- For Folder, type:
- \\ad.unc.edu\soe\Secure for the SOE Secure Drive.
- Check Reconnect at logon.
- If connecting from a computer where you are not signed in with your onyen (e.g. from a personal device), check Connect using different credentials.
- Click Finish. A Windows security dialog box will appear.
- Enter AD\<Your ONYEN> and ONYEN Password in the user name and password fields.
- Click OK. The drive will map as a network location under “This PC”and display as an available drive that will include the drive letter you selected and the drive name.