EdIT supports SOE-owned technology that is used by faculty, staff and students in Peabody Hall, the Carolina Center for Educational Excellence (CCEE) at Smith Middle School, and the Student Coalition for Action in Literacy Education (SCALE) offices at Carr Mill Mall.
To request help, visit http://help.unc.edu to chat with a service desk representative or submit a help request or call 919-962-HELP.
Walk-in support is available from ITS at walk-in locations on the lower level of the R.B. House Undergraduate Library and on the first floor of the SASB North building.
ITS Getting Started Guide- Great resource for new students and includes info about:
- Two-Step Verification
- Wi-fi (eduroam)
- Office 365
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- CCI Printing
Printing, Copying, and Scanning
CCI Printing allows students, faculty and staff to print to ITS printers from anywhere on campus using their personal computers and a network connection.
- The Peabody Hall CCI printer is on the second floor outside room 2018.
- Learn More about the CCI printing program and how to use it.
SOE Student Employee Printing and Copying
Students who have positions within the SOE that classify you as a SOE Employee (GA, TA, RA, etc.) may print and copy materials related to your work responsibilities using the Xerox 7556 WorkCenter Machines throughout Peabody Hall.
SOE student employees can print from non-SOE owned computers using Web Print.
- Learn More about accessing and using Web Print.
- Web Print is available on the Xerox machine at the CCEE and on following machines within Peabody Hall:
- G000F Hallway
- 3028 Hallway
SOE student employees can log in to any SOE Xerox machine using your ONYEN to make copies.
Scan to Email (PDF) is available to all students on all SOE Xerox 7556 WorkCenter machines. Learn More about how to use this feature.
Technology Equipment Checkout
The SOE has a limited amount of technology equipment available for checkout for short-term use with SOE business or projects. The maximum checkout period for this equipment is 3 weeks unless other arrangements are made with an EdIT staff member. Equipment available for checkout includes: audio recorders, loaner laptops, projectors, and still image and video cameras. Learn More about what equipment is available and the process for reserving and checking it out.
The Media Resources Center on the lower level of the Undergraduate Library also has technology equipment available for check out by students.
Classroom and Conference Room AV Support
- EdIT provides technology support for specific meeting rooms and classrooms within Peabody Hall. Learn more about the EdIT supported rooms and the technology available in each of the rooms.
- A majority of the classrooms in the building are managed by ITS Classroom Services. For information or help with the technology in these rooms, pick up the red-handled phone at the presentation podium in the classroom, or visit the Classroom Hotline website for additional information about the classroom technology and information on its features and use.
- If you are using video conferencing with you meeting or presentation, EdIT recommends using Zoom.
- It is strongly recommend that you test your presentation in the room before the actual event. EdIT staff are happy to meet with you to provide a demo of the technology features of the room you are using and answer any questions that you may have.
- If you need assistance for a presentation or event in a room managed by EdIT or would like to schedule a demo, please notify EdIT via a help request a minimum of two business-days before the event is scheduled.