This article provides the preferred methods for submitting help requests for various functions within the School of Education.

For a full listing of offices within the school please see: School of Education Offices

Facilities, Finance, HR, & Research Administration

Office pages (include hours and locations): Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, & Research Administration

All facilities, finance, HR, and research administration requests should be submitted via the appropriate form in RASR:

Information Technology (EdIT)

EdIT Office Page (includes hours and location)

Note: the ITS Service Desk is the first point of contact for students and after-hours faculty and staff support. Service Desk information and hours can be found here: Service Desk support options

For immediate assistance

If you need immediate assistance with an unplanned interruption or issue, the quickest ways to get help are: 

  • Call EdIT at: 919-966-6220  
  • Call the Service Desk at: 919-962-HELP 
  • Visit help.unc.edu and start a support chat 
  • Visit help.unc.edu and click “Report an Issue” to submit a request 

By using any of the above methods, EdIT and the Service Desk will work together to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. 

Submitting requests directly to EdIT

If your request is not time sensitive, please use the following links for support, consultation, and/or service from EdIT: 

Self-help articles

For how-to guides and/or help with common issues encountered by School of Education faculty and staff, please visit the Resources section of the Ed Portal and utilize the search function to locate help articles. 

Marketing & Communications

Development & External Relations Office Page (includes hours and location)

UNC School of Education faculty and staff members who need help with marketing, communication, or web services — including, but not limited to, print and web publications, social media, HTML email, web edits, auxiliary websites, photography, or design — should submit a request via:

Student Affairs

Student Affairs Office Page (includes hours and location)

Information for Current Students (page on main School of Education website)

Students, faculty, and staff who need assistance with room scheduling, course scheduling, course evaluations or grading assistance should submit a request via: