This page is intended to be a collection of resources on the HyFlex capabilities of various rooms in which School of Education instructors can expect to teach.
8/6 Training PowerPoint file: Download
8/6 Training Recording: Video
Common Approach: Zoom
Zoom is the recommended platform for HyFlex sessions. Zoom resources:
HyFlex Zoom Tips
When hosting a Zoom session in a classroom – make sure students are aware that everything will be picked up by the mic.
If you want to see the participant view in addition to showing a presentation, you can connect a laptop to the same Zoom meeting to add a second view. Note: Never join audio from more than one device in a room!
Zoom Second View Instructions
- Join the Zoom meeting from both the room computer & a laptop
- Use the room computer to display any presentations so it is shown on screen in the room
- Change the view on the laptop by selecting “View Options” and then “Side-by-side Mode”:
- You can then resize the presentation to show mostly a participant view:
EdIT Supported Classrooms
Standard SOE Classrooms: Peabody G010, 2040, & 3044
Peabody G010 is not consistent with our standard technology. The room is setup with temporary technology to give us another classroom space. It is capable of HyFlex, but more in line with our basic conference rooms.
Guide: Peabody G010 https://portal.ed.unc.edu/resources/peabody-g010/
General Purpose Classrooms
GPC technology varies.
- Some have PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) cameras
- All can use the document camera if no PTZ cameras are installed
- Some have ceiling mics for broad coverage
- Some have lapel and/or handheld mics
- All can use the document camera if no mics are installed
ITS Classroom Hotline Resources:
The classrooms at the CCEE are supported by ITS Classroom Hotline & configured the same as GPCs. The only rooms capable of HyFlex are CCEE 100 & 105/106 (divided mode not available during Covid)
100 & 105/106 were already HyFlex capable (PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) cameras/lapel & handheld mics). We added high-end, full room capturing, microphone arrays to improve full class participation.
Guide: CCEE HyFlex https://portal.ed.unc.edu/resources/ccee-hyflex/
EdIT Supported Conference Rooms
Basic Conference Rooms: Peabody G070 & 3028F
Advanced Conference Rooms: Peabody G002A (research commons), 2010D, & 2050D
If you need immediate assistance, please call: 919-843-6296. Otherwise, please submit a help request via help.unc.edu.